false ban from E. CHUMBO

Post here if you think you should be unbanned.

false ban from E. CHUMBO

Postby T Guy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:20 pm

1. Your in-game name: tronald dump
2. Date & time you were banned (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, USA): 20:00 (roughly)
3. The banning admin: E. CHUMBO
4. Your Arma GUID: 5e28a9046119a1c90d4acd8f7934282d (i think)
5. Reason for ban: civilian kill.
6. Additional info: I killed 1 civilian, and this was because we were waiting for the AI to spawn, i was in a ifrit GMG as gunner. when the AI spawned i was in thermal and spotted a group on 3 squads all very close. I lit them up and in the process of killing over 15 enemies, the splash from the explosion killed a civ. It is my understanding that the rules state "Intentional teamkilling will not be tolerated" but not that accidental kills from the natural spread of the weapons is a ban-able offence. this admin has been very aggressive towards me and i dont understand why. I've been on the server under 1 week and the first time anyone said anything it was him moaning at me because i was doing recon and not what he said (he hadn't given me any orders and i was trying to help). the day of my ban the unitcap was hit and so i marked the active areas with a red marker and he shouted at me and was very aggressive towards me, and only after this did another player explain calmly to me that i should just wait for the areas to de activate. I really dont understand why this admin has taken such a dislike to me when I can honestly say I have never done anything to annoy him, nor have i ever broken any rules of the server.
T Guy

Re: false ban from E. CHUMBO

Postby C. Koenig » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 pm

We will look into it.

C. Koenig
FOUNDER

Postby V. Buzz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 am

I'll have to chime in on this player.
FACT, your trolling others with your in-game name that many find it offensive,
FACT, that one recent racist slur you made was noted and over looked by me,
FACT, you swamp SIDE Comms by typing info that most time offers nothing to the game intel,
FACT, you recently offered comments to defend a hacker/modder, therefore interfering with admins correcting other players behavior.

All these behavioral traits are discussed in-game by many of the admins including Chumbo. At times we may come off to you as hot tempered, but IN FACT we are tolerant, as we discuss your behavior (and other players) off-channel in TeamSpeak and compare observed and recorded behavior.

All PHX members police the players behavior, performance and their complaints are especially noted. We become intolerant when those negative complaints pile up. We also tract a players in game excessive civilian kills, seized vehicles, friendly fires, unnecessary destruction that is held against all players in game. We know first order who is "naughty and nice". We all know that civilians kills happen during game play, we all have had civilian sacrifice themselves but it is an issue we these become excessive.

Your name has come up all too often on my radar. It seems I get a report/complaint every time you appear on our server. Your choice of your players name along is an issue and I would considered it disrespectful and trolling. That infraction alone should get you banned, but I'll leave this with the Phoenix founders.
V. Buzz
PHOENIX Member

Postby T Guy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:46 pm

"FACT, your trolling others with your in-game name that many find it offensive,
FACT, that one recent racist slur you made was noted and over looked by me,
FACT, you swamp SIDE Comms by typing info that most time offers nothing to the game intel,
FACT, you recently offered comments to defend a hacker/modder, therefore interfering with admins correcting other players behaviour."

number 1: My name is not trolling and its not meant to be offended. most people find it a little amusing and its not my fault if you get offended but if you would like, I will change it.
number 2: when have I ever been racist? I pride myself on not being racist no matter what.
number 3: I am frequently talking in side, correct. But pretty much every thing i say is information about the situation, not spam. for example when I gave a report on an imcoming platoon i gave range, bearing, number of units, what type. that is 100% game intel and in no way unnecessary spam.
number 4: I did not defend the hacker, i merely asked the admin how he was floating, because i have had many cases of people i know and once even myself, getting banned because an admin doesn't realise we are using a vehicle they cant see, meaning we look like we are flying and that we cant die. I did not mean to interfere and was only trying to help and was in no way "defending him". I also seem to remember being fairly polite while the admin was very rude towards me.
T Guy

Postby C. Koenig » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:11 pm

We will look into it, and it will be our decision. Thread closed.

C. Koenig
FOUNDER

Return to Unban Requests